As ever, it’s been too long. Today I finally submitted an overdue chapter for (fingers crossed) publication in a book resulting from the workshop I attended in Frankfurt last November on “religious indifference”. The chapter is titled “A Discursive Approach to ‘Religious Indifference’: Critical Reflections from Edinburgh’s Southside.” I’ll update you as and when I have more news.
In other academic news, it looks like David and I will be formally submitting the manuscript for our edited volume After World Religions to Routledge in the next few days. Just a few niggly points on a marketing questionnaire to go. Again, more information when I have it.
I’ll save “non-academic” life updates for another post… the main purpose of this post is to publish my writing schedule for the coming months. This has resulted from me getting through my third (and hopefully final) annual review at Lancaster University, and I am posting it a) to let you all have a flavour of what it is that I am doing, and b) perhaps most importantly to provide some form of accountability. My reasoning is that if I publish this in some form, and keep posting occasional writing updates, there will be more pressure on me to actually meet my targets – even if no one reads the posts. Keep reading over the next few months to see how things are going… For now, here is my thesis title, chapter headings, and list of deadlines. I currently have completed drafts of chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Non-Religion, Non-Religions, Non-Religious: Discourses on (Non-)Religion in Edinburgh’s Southside
- Building a Theoretical Case for the Discursive Study of Non-Religion
- There is Method to this Madness: Edinburgh’s Southside as Container for Religion-Related Discourse
- Religion-Related Discourses in the Peoples of Edinburgh Project (PEP)
- Religion-Related Discourses in Edinburgh’s Southside: 2014 (and 2011)
- (Non-)Religious Discourses of Moderation, Tolerance, and Indifference
- Non-Religion, Discourse, and Locality: Methodological Gains and (Theoretical) Conclusions
- 2 June 2015: Complete Data Analysis. (4 June Supervision).
- 24 June 2015: Draft Chapter 5. (26 June Supervision).
- 13 July 2015: Draft Chapter 6. (15 July Supervision).
- 5 August 2015: Re-worked Chapters 5 and 6. Structures for 2 IAHR papers (and potentially BASR paper). (7 August Supervision).
- 23 August 2015: Completed IAHR Papers. (Supervision/Meeting during conference in Erfurt, 23-29 August).
- 23 September 2015: Draft Chapter 7. (25 September Supervision).