Is “Beyond Belief” Beyond Critique?
A very sensible opinion piece about academic credentials not protecting one from criticism. Cheers for this.
I don’t know Tristan Vick, the blogmeister at Advocatus Atheist, but I think I like him. Back in April, when I wrote a series of articles criticizing New Atheism for being loud and obnoxious, Tristan said I was being loud and obnoxious and to put a lid on it. I was being so persistently obnoxious, in fact, that if I’d replied to the article then I would have been even louder. So I’m glad I waited. Time’s a healer. Tristan points out: “Obviously … Read More
via The New Oxonian
About ChrisScholar of religion/nonreligion... PhD Student (Lancaster University), blogger, singer, actor, thinker... Northern Irish living in Scotland. Co-founder of The Religious Studies Project. Director at the NSRN. Baritone masquerading as a tenor. Vegetarian for no particular reason.
- RT @TheBASR: Call for papers for the joint BASR/ISASR Conference in Belfast, 3-5 September 2018 basr.ac.uk/2018/01/19/201… @ISASR_ @ProjectRS 4 hours ago
- @Casbo28 @MissSaigonUK @edtheatres @OGormanRyan @GilmourAshley @soohakim23 Looking forward to seeing it in Feb! 1 day ago
- RT @TheBASR: The BASR Committee are meeting at @SchoolofDiv today, and will be presenting in the RS Seminar Series at 4pm today on ‘Engagin… 2 days ago
- Discourse at work. #Real #Christians #Recycle #Apparently https://t.co/ZZhQGFaPnt 2 days ago
- RT @McCutcheonSays: @DrMJCWarren @vaiatouna ‘s book, actually. brill.com/products/book/… 3 days ago
- Next Steps: A Comparative Study of Unbelief in Northern Ireland and Scotland
- Non-religion, the critical study of religion, sociology of religion, and more…
- Why I am voting to REMAIN in the EU
- An update on my attempt at online accountability: Falling at the first hurdle
- My writing schedule – an exercise in online accountability