Is “Beyond Belief” Beyond Critique?
A very sensible opinion piece about academic credentials not protecting one from criticism. Cheers for this.
I don’t know Tristan Vick, the blogmeister at Advocatus Atheist, but I think I like him. Back in April, when I wrote a series of articles criticizing New Atheism for being loud and obnoxious, Tristan said I was being loud and obnoxious and to put a lid on it. I was being so persistently obnoxious, in fact, that if I’d replied to the article then I would have been even louder. So I’m glad I waited. Time’s a healer. Tristan points out: “Obviously … Read More
via The New Oxonian
About ChrisScholar of religion/nonreligion... PhD Student (Lancaster University), blogger, singer, actor, thinker... Northern Irish living in Scotland. Co-founder of The Religious Studies Project. Director at the NSRN. Baritone masquerading as a tenor. Vegetarian for no particular reason.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Non-religion, the critical study of religion, sociology of religion, and more…
- Why I am voting to REMAIN in the EU
- An update on my attempt at online accountability: Falling at the first hurdle
- My writing schedule – an exercise in online accountability
- Defending the ‘wrong type of immigrant’, and looking to the future…