The World of Islam and the West (via Religion And Society Edinburgh Network)
I’ll be going to this one! Some epic names on there that it would be great to put a face to. Thoroughly recommended. 8th March… be there.
You are invited to ‘THE WORLD OF ISLAM AND THE WEST’, a panel event introduced by the Principal, Professor Sir Timothy O’Shea, and with contributions from the Directors of all six of the Alwaleed Centres worldwide, namely Prof John Esposito (Georgetown University), Prof Roy Mottahedeh (Harvard University), Dr Robert Myers (American University of Beirut), Dr Jerry Leach (American University in Cairo), Prof Yasir Suleiman (University of Cambridge) … Read More
About ChrisScholar of religion/nonreligion... PhD Student (Lancaster University), blogger, singer, actor, thinker... Northern Irish living in Scotland. Co-founder of The Religious Studies Project. Director at the NSRN. Baritone masquerading as a tenor. Vegetarian for no particular reason.
- Productive use of summer time... How many minutes can this last??? https://t.co/O3YPWA6aqK 6 hours ago
- @DrLauraVivanco That's exactly one of the questions I'd want to raise. What makes any text "sacred"? And what purpo… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- There's so much condescension in this opinion piece that I'm not even sure where to begin. Plenty of #data, though. nationalreview.com/article/449746… 22 hours ago
- RT @qikipedia: Up to 95% of East Asians don’t have the gene for smelly armpits whereas 98% of Europeans do. 1 day ago
- Thoroughly enjoyed Dunkirk. Tense, dramatic, beautifully shot, inspiring and gut-wrenching without being cynically patriotic. Human. 1 day ago
- Non-religion, the critical study of religion, sociology of religion, and more…
- Why I am voting to REMAIN in the EU
- An update on my attempt at online accountability: Falling at the first hurdle
- My writing schedule – an exercise in online accountability
- Defending the ‘wrong type of immigrant’, and looking to the future…